Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cameron Highlands


One good place I would gladly run off to is to the Cameron Highlands...I decided to ascend to the highlands in November 2007. Hmmm, had wanted so much to go there for years but was sort of afraid that I may not make it to the top after all the rumours I heard about the winding road and the narrowness of the road. I am a real chicken though is a born monkey. Get what I am trying to say here...Oh, forget it,if you don't.Hahaha.

With great excitement, I decided to take my family up there to have a taste of fresh air and to get away from the hoohoohaahaa of 'city' life. I booked Hotel Equatorial for two nights...Wooohoooo, it wasn't an easy booking as I was using the discount vouchers given by AMDB (bought shares and that was the consolation they gave us since the shares did not make much money for us. ) and we can only booked on weekdays. I supposed only a certain number of rooms were given out for the day.

Excitement and more excitement as we reached the foothill...Hey, thanks to the new route, Simpang Pulai way. None of us felt sick, none of us felt dizzy. The first batch of flowers we saw made my husband went 'Wahhhh and wahhhhh and wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' and we had not even reached the top yet. Did I tell you that we went up by public transport? Yup, by bus...

Can I cut the story short? Hmm, just don't want anyone dropping off to Dreamland. In short, we love the coolness of the atmosphere. I love the nights there. Erm, not much to do but I just enjoyed the quietness of the surrounding at Equatorial. I wished I had booked more days. But I don't think my husband and children would like that...I am the weird one in the family, just to let you know. Could be I am from the jungle of Borneo?????? Only God knows...LOOOL

Thanks to my dear loving uncle Boon...muahhhhh loves him. He drove us round some parts of the unseen. We went into Tringkap where we saw the orang Aslis and experienced the the vegetable farm...It was real muddy if you want the truth. And the distance...oh my God, was very far. People in there either walk (they can really walk), drove Rovers or take bikes as means of transport. You need to know the truth...I wouldn't want to stay thereat the farm. I would be worried about how I need badly a good toilet bowl to get my flow going in the early morning. I need to sit in serenity with any reading materials to get by. If not, then I am sure some of you know the feeling of uncleared 'debris' in your poor, poor tummy. It just got stuck there, not moving even a centimeter towards the intestine.

Back to Cameron...Ming, my uncle's Godson, took us to a steamboat restaurant at Brinchang. Want me to comment? Being such a good natured lady, that's ME, I will tell you that it was superb. After all, it was a free meal ....sniggering....and still sniggering. Put jokes aside, I really mean it was superb. But I forgot which restaurant it was. Take me along and I will show you if you ever decide to go up. And you may get a good tour guide to. Of course there are exceptions for I will only take you to places I have step foot on. My darling friends, I BADLY NEED TO GO UP AGAIN AS I HAVE YET TO EXPLORE MANY OTHER TOURISTS SPOTS.

As usual, being a collector of t-shirts, I got more t-shirts and even went for last minute hunting for more. Yeeeehaaaaa, I got my empty backpack full of t-shirtsssssss. And if anyone of you is thinking of getting me a gift....(sniggering)...GIVE ME T-SHIRTS.

Ask me if I am looking forward to go up Cameron Highlands again....YESSSSSSS, YESSSSSSS and YESSSSSS. The answer is a BIG YESSSSSSS.Told you only jerks like me loves the place.Some people I know said, "One time up there will do...nothing much to see and blah blah blah". Well, praise the Lord, I am a nature lover...I love everything there.

Hmmm, had plenty of pictures taken...only thing is i have not figured out how to post them here. How about going to my multiply (http://nancyew251.multiply.com)..Thanks.

2 comments:

K3ViN said...

haha.. what a good start..... Hope u can psot as many post as u can ok? Will add u in my blog friend list....

Joze Foo said...

Hi, nancy... the words you use in your post humourous...really look forward for more post...Well Done!