Friday, September 12, 2008

True Friendship

Hi there dear all,

I decided to poke my pretty face out again. I know it had been a real loooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time since I blogged. My excuse this time is not shear laziness but truthfully speaking I did not have a clue of what I am going to write about. My mind was just a big blank or should I say I was blackout. Hahahaha a chatty person like me to be labeled as 'blackout' is rather hilarious I know.

So today I am going to write about true friendships. I did write about online friendship earlier on. Well, go pages back to find it. Don't ask me for assistance as I am not sure about where it was. Moreover this is one good way of getting my new friends to read my other topics. Tricky me????? LOL.....

Let me get back into line, I have many friends around me...online and here in Penang, Perlis, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Seremban. Online friends goes as far as Switzerland,Netherlands, Australia, India, Croatia, South Africa and Canada. I enjoyed making friends of various races and nationality. My friends included both genders. I don't just choose males but females as well. I know that most males would prefer to have only female contacts and vice versa. But I am different....anyone can be my friend even gays. I do not look down on people because of their colours. They can be black, blue, green, red , orange, white, yellow or brown to name a few of the colours. So you can see that I am colour blind and am not a racist.

I value all my friends and I love them all. My love is unconditional. No, I am not into relationship kind of thing. Just mutual..I hate stress. And I dare tell you that there are times friends can get on my nerves. Some thought that they may get away with lies. True friendship is a matter of trust, not stabbing her/him from behind and still think that she/he is stupid enough not to be able to find out. There are times things just revealed itself without even the other party taking the effort to dig out. I can tell you that this hurts a lot when truth sneaks out.

As for me, I go online chatting with friends to kill time and also with hopeful hopes that I will find some whom I can call true friends and make them my friends in life......Hoping to meet up one day. Doesn't mean that when one goes online, it is all about sex. Makes us freaky, right? Doesn't mean that if I on my webcam, I have to show my nakedness. No, I am not a pervert nor am I a nymphomaniac. When I meet my friends whom I found online, it doesn't mean that we are having sexual relationships. And I did meet up with a few whom I enjoyed talking to and having meals with. This platonic kind of friendship will last longer than just sexual.

Well, I am open-minded of course but I believe that sexual motivated kind of friendship will not last long. What is on the other person's mind in reality? We never know as it is always praises that we heard. For all we know that other mind may be full of criticism and mind u the mind can be sarcastic too. The irony is we will never find out.

Next come controlling...I have some friends who loves to control. For example, when traveling..she had to be the one to tell us where to stay, where to eat, where to go, what to buy and what to eat. Wow, this is very pushy. You know I rather that we discuss and make decision collectively. I have a friend who planned to come here soon. Being a foreigner, he asked me to plan his vacation for him. Alright, plan..that is good. But I have to consider his likes and dislikes. I can't just pull him along and say, "Hey, you stay here" without even knowing if he fancies such a place. Or "Hey, you got to try this curry" and not knowing that he is allergic to it. Friendship is about consideration.

Then again friendship is not selfish.....This is a good one. I love sharing all my friends without fear of my friends being snatched off by another. Never have I labeled them as MY or MINE. After all they don't belong to me nor would I like to be tied down by them. We have to have freedom to mingle around without tying up our friendship. But definitely I would say MY HUSBAND as we are tied down in matrimony. If those of you who had been chatting online with me, you will notice that I never like to sound possessive.

Laurent, a French friend who is working in Switzerland, and I will be celebrating our 1 year of online friendship in October. Gosh, I am saying this in pride. He had been very consoling during my downs. And believe it or not we don't lie to each other. He hates lies and so do I. Times I may be a bit of a teaser. Yes, I joke a lot and that spiced things out. I am always teasing him. We are frequently chatting. Not an on off thing. So that is why I am proud that we are friends up until now.

Tammy is my shopping companion. We met a few months ago. Staying just behind where I am staying makes us close. We talk at the back door. And we go online everyday to chat making others think we are very far apart.

Colin whom I just got to know is fun to chat with. He is full of vitality and he made me laugh a lot. Now I am his dog (bitch would be proper). He called me Rover. Guess he did not realize that I am a female. LOL

Rob Vis is another precious online friend who had captured my friendship. He would let me see him on cam even though I do not have a webcam. That is trust.

Joe Lim, Eddie Wong, William, Constance, Kimmy, JLE, Kenrick, Richard, Jenny, Lisa, Mike, motoleng, etc etc to name a few...We started out as group chatters. Now we good friends.

So to summarize true friendship....truthful, sharing, no pressure, freedom all the time, trust and no back biting.

Cheerio pals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: