Friday, September 19, 2008

Python caught at New World Park





On 18th September, 2008, as my friend, Doris, and I were walking towards the side entrance of New World Park, we saw a large crowd gathered there. For a moment we thought that there was some kind of emergency like someone had a heart attack or someone may have fainted. Upon walking closer being curious, we saw the fire brigade. A large crowd surrounded in circle. I pushed myself into the crowd to have a glimpse of the happening. As I tucked my head in between a man and a fireman, I saw this python being held in custody by another fireman opposite. Awesome sight.. as I started to fish out my mobile phone camera. I began to snap as many photos as I could.

The bystanders looked curious, awed and were whispering among themselves. Curious to know how this python got here. Questions were hurled at one of the fireman. We were told that this python belonged to a pet shop nearby. Gosh, how could it have escaped? Was the owner careless to have left the latch unlocked? Or was the cage sabotaged by some mischievousness?

The poor reptile could have been dead trying to escape. Many things could have happened like a car running over it. Perhaps it may have died of hunger hiding in some polluted drains...or someone may have killed it unknowingly out of fear.

Anyway I am glad that it was taken care of by the firemen. Pythons are endangered species. Kudos to the firemen who were so calmed and reacted very fast.

No comments: