Saturday, September 20, 2008

Garbage Enzymes





A month ago a friend introduced me to garbage enzyme. But as I did not have the proper method of doing it, I put it off until I read it in The Star publication. Later on, my brother talked about it and he got me the method of making garbage enzymes.

At first I tried it out in a small plastic container with screw-top cover. Note the container with the yellow cover. I have to stir it every day. After about two months, discovering that I was successful in this enzyme making, I decided to go for larger container. So see the red plastic container which I bought for this purpose. I added kamquat skins and some vegetables for my first experiment. Then for the red container, I added quite a few things like pomelo skins, papaya skins, lemon grass and kamquat skins.

This garbage enzymes will only be ready in 3 months period. The readied enzymes can be used for many purposes. To wipe your oily kitchen, to neutralized harmful chemicals in your shampoos and body shampoos, rub on your pimples, wash your vegetables to get rid of insecticides, just to name a few.

I noticed that at the Fettes Park market, a fruit seller is selling a small bottle of 500ml for RM3.

Next I am thinking of making eatable enzymes but have to go find the recipes from book available in health shops.

4 comments:

Umbrella Rec said...

Looks good. I have not made mine. Delaying for ages due to lack of container but had plenty of orange skins. Kept the orange skin till they rot. After getting the container, there is insufficient garbage (no more orange skin - cannot eat orange due to cough)

Constance Chan said...

wow, looks interesting. for a minute i thought you were talking about making a compost for plants!

K3ViN said...

will it smelly?

Unknown said...

No it won't smell bad. Just add lots of citrus peelings and it smells nice.