Friday, May 16, 2008

Make Life Pleasant

"Life is short and we do not know when we will die...." This is my qoute to my parents whenever they argued over minor things making a mountain out of a molehill. They are married for over 50 years and they never stopped arguing all these years. Dad gets easily irritated after repeatingly calling my mom for help. And mom refused to get her butt going thinking that dad is being ridiculous.

I have many times explained to her that she should not be arrogant thinking that dad is senile and is not able to hear her when she made bad remarks. Earlier a few days back, she called me to bring my family over to their place as she said dad is feeling unwell. I panicked and I rushed to summon my children over. I had to cancel fetching my son's friend and family who just arrrived from Pulau Langkawi.

Today the same thing happened...Frankie and I were busy this morning and we decided to go see them after we run our errands. Frankie went up to their place first and when I arrived, Frankie whispered to me that dad was unwell. Having experienced his false alarm lately made me wiser not to panic. I touched his head. there was no fever. Then I took out the blood pressure monitor and monitored his blood pressure. The blood pressure was good. Then I questioned him if he had any dizziness but he gave me some other answer. He had told Frankie that he had some pain at his abdomen but upon questioning he asid that he has no pain at all.

So I stayed back to observe him while Frankie and Emmelia went home. I could see that he was not at all sick. I decided to lecture them for the traumas they had caused me. I told them that they may one day caused me to meet with an accident with their false alarm. I may be driving like the world is ending thinking that they are not well. This may cause me my life I told them and they may regret for they were only quarrelling over small issues. In fact, if anyone of you had seen me running that day, you would have understand. After the incident, I discovered that I had somehow knocked myself against whatever during my rush that my thighs were having blue black marks and the mark near my knee was rather painful.

So I gave them a sermon....it was a very long one but to summarize it I told them to reconcile and be loving with each other while they still can as life is short.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we are sometimes blinded by lots of our own wants and needs, we cannot see love.