Friday, March 7, 2008

MY NEW MAID.

Phan Yen was chosen for me by my close friend, Tammy. Yen as I called her is a Cambodian. Earlier on I chose another maid but then I cannot afford to wait too long since I am in desperate need for help for my parents. So I was adviced by Tammy to get one who had already has a passport. I gave Tammy my consent to get another. Hence Phan Yen is now with us. She is having communication problem but I am teaching her to understand simple English like plates, iron, cook, papaya, water melon and etc. She is the one who discovered that my dad had fever and told my mom to call us. That time she was with us for only three days. She is of great help and without her I would be dead. At least now I don't have to worry so much about leaving my parents by themselves. I do not have to train her much because the agency had trained her when she was back home. She wakes up at 6am and she doesn't have to be told her daily routine. Yen is capable and I trust her to look after my dad. I would dispense my dad's medication into different plastic boxes for the day and she will administer them. Times I would forget about the medicine and Yen would remind me. I can be very absent minded with so many things to do and so little time to accomplish. Yen loves to wrap her head. The reason she gave me was that she did not want her hair falling around. That is good because I too do not favour hair in my food. To sum it up, I am satified with Yen's help.

4 comments:

Eddie Wong said...

hi nancy, at least somebody can help you to take care your dad. how much u hire her? fulltime maid or part time maid?

Constance Chan said...

sounds like a great help to have.

by the way, I have a tag for you.. you might like to copy it and paste it here for display.

you deserve the Woman's Day tag.
Happy Woman's Day, Nancy.

Unknown said...

full time. RM500 per month, Eddie. Thanks Constance. U deserve the tag too.

K3ViN said...

wah she really helpfull in the time like tat......