Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Monkey Beach, Teluk Bahang





Here we are at Monkey Beach after the Pantai Keracut hike. The trail is rough compared to the one to Pantai Keracut. The beach is not as clean too. I saw a bungalow or two which were dilapidated. The bathroom and toilet situated behind one of the bungalows are in bad condition but usable. I hiked there but was too frighten to face the rough path upon coming back. So my daughter and I took a ride back for a mere RM10. We shared the ride with a few other youngsters. If not for the sharing, we have to fork out RM50 for a one way ride back.

There were lots of 'siput' (small clams) and our friend, Wong, managed to scope them with a self made device. These were plenty but they were small.

There was a group of families who camped here. The proprietor charges RM10 for a tent per night. He was a very pleasant guy. I took his boat back to the other side. He told a group that they can always call him on his mobile if there is an emergency.
His name is Pak Atan tel. 012 4731299 If you ever need his service.

All in I still prefer Pantai Keracut even if there were jelly fish there.

No comments: