Saturday, February 14, 2009

Keen Sandals


This is one pair of sandals which I found very comfortable. I had been hunting for a good pair of multipurpose shoes or sandals for years. And had not been able to find one that I had dreamt of. Then one fine day as I was browsing through 'The Star' newspaper, I came across this article which was introducing these two brands of footwear. They were 'Saloman' and 'Keen'. The price of them made my eyes popped out as never in my live have I ever thought of investing in such a high price for footwears. It ranges from RM370 and above.

I went into the website and was perturbed to know the details and the different designs. Then I found that they were sold at World of Sports in Gurney Plaza. I spotted the sandals but seeing the unbelievable price put me off.

Well, during the Chinese New Year, I went to visit my aunt. She is from Seattle, USA. And she was all excited about her new pair of sports shoes. I was curious and started to asked questions. And the kind of brand. When she mentioned 'Saloman', I jumped up like an excited puppy. She showed me her shoes proudly and was telling me all the good things about it. Then I put my feet into them. Though her size was too big for me, I went 'oh' and 'ahhhh' as it was so comfortable. The cushioning was so soft and it is very light.

The next few days, I went to Gurney Plaza and I walked into World of Sports but unfortunately they did not have 'Saloman' my size. I have tiny feet. Actually kids' size. Sadly I walked out. But after going one round at the shopping complex, I decided to walk back in again as I did truly want to get myself a good pair of shoes. The sales personal smile at me as I was too persistant. I looked round and sported 'Keen'. Remembering that I did went to its website too, I knew it was another good expensive brand. But it was on sales (30% off). I tried on the sandals - ladies' size 5. It fitted. I felt like hugging the sale personal. Immediately I bought the pair.

A couple of days later, I went to get another pair of a different design as I want to make sure that I have an extra since my size is an 'outstanding' one. The second pair is blue in colour. It is very light and airy. And it is waterproof as well.

On the second week I went hiking to Pantai Keracut. I swear that my feet never felt so comfortable walking for hours. I dare say that it is worth the money paid. Finally I have a pair of good walking, climbing, running and jumping sandals...no wonder it is call a hybrid.

No comments: