Thursday, November 6, 2008

Some Smart Ass....


Those of you who has me in their MSN list will see this phrase, "When you gain a friend, first test her, and be not ready to trust her". Two of my dear friends there did sense that I sounded rather furious. They were concerned and one of them asked me to read Sarach 6. This is where got my phrase. In the beginning my words were harsher. It went like this,"Don't lie to me...I have found that out and am just playing along". In actual case, I felt hurt being deceived by a friend whom I had trusted. Father Andrew Kooi asked me to read Sarach 6 in the Bible and he told me never to trust anyone until they have proven themselves. I appreciated the advice and counseling Fr. Andrew gave.

Stated in Sarach 6;14 A loyal friend is like a safe shelter; find one, and you have found a treasure. True...so very true. I am still waiting for this friend to appear. I need true friendship. A friend who is not treacherous. The irony is that such a person after tons of lie can still go on lying thinking that we are fools. I had discovered so much deceit but I am playing along to see how long this will go on. She may think that I am easily fooled by her BUT who is the JOKER here now.

Petty lies after petty lies...when is this going to stop. One fine day, I may just blow up and say, "STOP". Hahaha, that would give her a shock of her bloody life.

For your information, I would be really proud if I know Chinese. But some idiots thought it would bring down their dignity if they were to admit that they are Chinese educated. They would tell me, "I am English educated...can't read or understand Chinese well."

But I have heard them conversed in Chinese and my conclusion is that to my chagrin and amazement...Their Chinese is superb and is even much, much, much better than their English grammar. They don't even know when to use 's' or 'es' for their verbs. A primary kid would know how to use these if they are English educated. Why should a person be ashamed of one's education? Knowing Chinese is very good. I in fact regretted not learning the language during my younger days. See when one lied the truth will poke it's head out of the curtain one fine sunny day..... Honestly, I was perturbed.

Another reason one lied was due to 'face'. Yes, Asians tend to take good care of their 'face'. So it was so not nice to let your friend knows that you were the one who had contacted so and so on certain chatrooms online. HEYYYYYYY, what is so wrong about being the first to contact. That is how friends are made...someone has to make the first move. So was that such a BIG deal??? As for me, I do contact others as well as vice versa. What is important is the trustworthy of friendship. Perhaps I am thick skinned unlike some other Asians. I go for the truth and lying sometimes made me very nervous as we never know when we are going to make a slip of the tongue. When we lie, we tend to forget what we say. Hence people will somehow catch us lying when we say some different thing later on.

Liars never make good friends. We never know the real them and how or when they will cheat us again with their words. Sometimes, we can't even find good honest friends nearby but instead true friendships were found overseas. Believe me, I had been had and I found solace not here but far away.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hello Nancy, was at Constance's place about to check out noticed your lovely profile relaxing by a tree and slammed on my brakes, did a U turn and kaypoh over.
Nice blog you have Nancy....and always a thrill to me seeing someone is from Penang.

I have always loved Penang...most of my ahemmm, old days romantic escapades were in Penang, and loved E&O and Gurney drive, as well driving around Penang Island after midnight.

Infact most of my postings about Penang even though I was from Kl.
Somehow Penang, and Penang girls have that special charm...except when they have that white war paint on their cheeks, ha ha ha.
One even made me cry too.

I read thru your this interesting posting and allow me to say....
You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, remember what you've had, learn from your mistakes, but never regret.
People change, things go wrong, but remember, life goes on.

Live your life with no excuses, love with no regrets.

You keep well Nancy and have a great weekend, best regards, Lee.

Constance Chan said...

wah dear uncle lee was here ahhh... you should go read his lovely romance stories, Nancy.. all that E&O dining and fancy and lovely things he will pamper you ah.

anyway, nancy. don't matter what ppl say or do. or if they want face or not. as long as you are truthful to yourself and know your principles we all also can go to heaven. :P

Unknown said...

Thanks U.Lee. I am just an amateur. Nothing special lol. A bit heady at times.

Yeah, Constance, u r right. Monkeys let us march on.......